Golden Nugget Dig Kit Answers
- ghost town
Secret Phrase: Fool’s gold doesn’t fool me!
Jumble Answers :
Jumble Words: fool’s gold, lode, jewelry, alloy, idols
Final Phrase: I really dig gold.
Test Your Knowledge Answers :
1. 560 B.C.
2. White, pink, peach, green.
3. The Incas
4. 2.4 miles (12,600 feet)
5. Fool’s gold
6. Native Americans
7. Cell phone, computer, GPS, TV, airbag
8. 3.1 million pounds
1. “Gold leaf” comes from a gold tree. F
2. Pyrite’s name comes from the Greek word for fire. T
3. “Fool’s gold” is often found in the same places as real gold. T
4. People in Indiana buy more gold jewelry than anywhere else on earth. F
5. Gold is much harder than pyrite. F
6. Three-fourths of the world’s gold is used to make jewelry. T
7. Benjamin Franklin discovered in 1770 that gold could be used in dentistry. F
8. Unlike other metals, gold does not tarnish. T
9. Copper is worth more than gold F
10. 100 years ago, gold sold for less than $10.00 per ounce. F